Friday 25 October 2019

Dribs and drabs

It seems I have some creative mojo again, or it might just be that the miserable weather and need to rest my knee means I'm sitting knitting a bit more. This set includes a jumper and a pair of socks which have been languishing by the side of the sofa since spring.

I've also had a go at another prototype knitted swirly tree. It's still not quite there yet, I need to correct some things.

I have a bit of a stash of batteries, from the time that I used a CD player for class, torches in the country dark on a regular basis, and various other things. Trouble is, they needed to be sorted into dead ones to be recycled (new recycling scheme here next month is going to take these in the kerbside recycling, hurrah!), recharged, needing to be charged and good to use. So I reused some plastic take out containers, labelled them (colour coded, even!) and, more by good luck than good planning, they fit neatly side-by-side across the drawer I currently use for batteries and other associated bits.

I've also had a couple of sessions recycling a few more old socks and knickers into jersey yarn.

It doesn't count, but I've also learned how to make a collage in GIMP. I got a bit fed up of tweaking things so it's not perfect, but good enough.
Clockwise from top left: swirly tree, jumper, jersey yarn, battery pots, socks
I'm going to need to crack on and create some more stock for a winter craft market - providing I get a table.

This batch of things: 6
Cumulative total: 34

No comments: